Who are we?
Worcestershire Integrated Sexual Health Service (WISH) provides free and confidential county-wide services.
The specialist Sexual Health Service provides clinics delivering;
- The diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted infections, genital infections and conditions, as well as the complications of infection (Genitourinary Medicine (GUM)).
- Routine and specialist contraception which includes fitting Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) methods eg: implants and coils.
- Online sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing.
- An outreach service dedicated to engage and support people who are young, vulnerable or hard to reach and provide them with a quality service out of a clinic environment. For example we will see looked after children or young parents in community settings like schools, colleges or in their own home.
- Pregnancy advice and support including Early Medical Termination (EMT).
- Vasectomy services.
Will I have to pay for this service?
The NHS is a residency-based system. As a result, the NHS is not free to use for everyone. For more information and to find out if you will need to pay click here.
This is a completely confidential service.
Even if you are under 16, staff have to keep everything you tell them private, just as they would for an adult.
We will not discuss any information about you with anyone else, unless you ask us to do so.
*In very exceptional circumstances – if you or another person is at risk we may need to tell someone else. If so, we will explain what we intend to do.