Services provided by the team
- Medical outpatient appointments and domiciliary visits.
- Community Mental Health Nursing.
- Supplementary prescribing.
- Occupational Therapy.
- Social Work.
- Mental Health Act Assessments.
- Mental Capacity assessments.
- Securing funding for health and social care.
- Support work.
- Acute Day hospital.
- Clinical Psychology and Psychological Therapies
Brief description of the service
- Holistic multi-disciplinary assessment, care planning, treatment and commissioning of support services for older adults with mental health problems.
- Acute day hospital providing intensive assessment and support for people felt to be at risk or with complex needs. (2 days per week)
- Education and support for carers.
- Therapeutic groups.
- Liaison and support for statutory, private and third sector groups
- Older adults with mental health problems requiring secondary Mental Health services.
How the services are accessed
- GP referral.
- Hospital doctor referral.
- Transfer from consultants in other areas.
Smallwood House, Redditch.
Sally McKeag, Team Leader
Tel: 01527 488694
Dr Gabra Hanna, Consultant Psychiatrist
Tel: 01527 488362
GP Practices covered by the team
Grey Gables, Inkberrrow
The Medical Centre, 39 Kenilworth Place, Crabbs Cross
Crabbs Cross Surgery, 38 Kenilworth Close, Crabbs Cross
Winyates Health Centre
The Woodrow Medical Centre
The Bridge Surgery, 8 Evesham Road, Redditch
Church Hill Medical Centre, Tanhouse Lane, Church Hill, Redditch
The Medical Centre, Tanhouse Lane, Church Hill, Redditch
The Dow Surgery, William Street, Redditch
St Stephens Surgery, Adelaide Street, Redditch
Hillview Medical Centre, 60 Bromsgrove Road, Redditch
The Ridgeway Surgery, 6/8 Feckenham Road, Astwood Bank, Redditch
Elgar House, Church Road, Redditch
Bromsgrove an Redditch Older Adults Community Mental Health Team
Princess of Wales Community Hospital
Tel No: 01527 488279
Fax No: 01527 488271.