[Skip to content]

Enter search here...
Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
School health nursing banner

Contact us

  • Bromsgrove Team: 01527 488321

  • Worcester West and Malvern:  01684612784

  • Redditch: 01527 488786

  • Wyre Forest: 01562 51455

  • Wychavon: Evesham:  01386 502576 Droitwich: 01905 681033  Pershore: 01386 502067
  • Worcester City: 01905 681909

Each local school will have a named school health nurse who can provide help and support to children, young people and families.

We have 6 teams that cover the County of Worcestershire (Worcester City, Redditch and Bromsgrove, Wyre Forest, Wychavon and Malvern). We are either based in health centres or GP surgeries. To find your local School Health Nurse, please see our 'numbers below. Some staff work within the school holidays and others work term time only, however we try to provide cover throughout the year to enable us to continue with safeguarding children, clinics, health assessments and home visits.

What do we do?

All reception children will be sent a school entry health questionnaire. The questionnaire focuses on the general health and wellbeing of your child and family. We also carry out a National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP) which measures the height and weight of children in reception class (aged 4 to 5 years) and year 6 (aged 10 to 11 years). We also carry put a hearing screening for all children in reception. We are currently piloting a year 9 health assessment with targeted schools.

We offer a face-to-face high school drop in service in all secondary high schools or you can text us on 07507 331750 (chat health). We can support you with issues for example self-harm, sexual health, relationships, bullying, healthy eating, emotional health and lifestyle choices,

If required, you can speak to one of the School Health Nurses who can help with signposting to other services. These can include:

How can you refer? 

Professional referral

Any professional who works with children can refer to the service either by phone call using the numbers above.

Parent referral

We accept direct referrals into the service from parents either by phone, direct contact or via education staff.

Young person referral

Yes the young person can refer into the service either by making an appointment /Drop in, which each secondary school have within their schools or by phoning the school health nurse direct. Or talk to school e.g. teacher

Where can I see the School Health Nurse?

They are available within schools at varying times and the school will always have a contact number. Parents can see them at School via prior arrangement within the school term. At secondary schools the children and young people can either arrange to see the school health nurse via an appointment system or Drop in. These are held weekly for up to three hours .

Who works in the School Health Nursing service? 

The School Health Service is mainly made up of Specialist Community Public Health Nurses, Community Staff Nurses who have a variety of skills, academic qualifications and expertise within varying areas such as sexual health, children’s health, mental health, health promotion and teaching. We have Health Care Support workers with a range of training and skills working with children, young people and parents, alongside the school health nurses on a day to day basis and supported by administration staff.

School Health Nursing Compliments


Worcestershire School Health Nurses work closely with the Safeguarding Children's Board and Integrated Safeguarding Team to ensure that all Children and Young People within our area are safe and cared for.

If you or anyone else are concerned regarding the welfare of a child, please contact the Family Front Door Service:

Phone: 01905 822666

Email: SocialCare@worcestershire.gov.uk

Website: www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/safeguarding-children.aspx

Chat Health

What do I do

if my child is


If your child is unwell it is best if you seek medical advice or attention.

You can do this by; 

  1. Making an appointment with your GP
  2. Call NHS 111 and describe the presenting symptoms
  3. Go to your nearest accident and emergency department or,
  4. Dial 999 for an ambulance, if you’re worried that your child’s symptoms are getting worse or advised to so by NHS 111 


Our team usually works between 8.30 – 5pm, Monday – Friday.