[Skip to content]

Enter search here...
Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Eating Disorders Banner

Community Eating Disorder service for children and Young People (CEDS-CYP)

Who we are

CEDS-CYP stands for Community Eating Disorder Service for Children and Young People. We are a newly developing service, specialising in the treatment of eating disorders in children and young people aged 8 to 17 ½. We work across the CAMHS Worcestershire bases, with an eating disorder lead clinician in CAMHS teams in Worcester, Redditch and Wyre Forest. 

Our team consists of:

  • CAMHS clinicians
  • a Psychiatrist
  • a Dietician
  • a Consultant Psychologist
  • an Assistant Psychologist
  • a Family Therapist
  • an Administrator
  • a Clinical Service Manager


Every CAMHS team is slightly different and who you meet will depend on the child/young person and family’s need. You may meet other professionals too, and if you are offered an appointment with anyone at CAMHS and don’t know what their job is, it is OK to ask.

Who we see

Children and young people aged 8 – 17½ with an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa is seen by our service.

What is an eating Disorder?

Eating disorders vary in presentation from person to person, but here are some general signs: 

  • Preoccupation and concerns about weight and shape
  • Preoccupation with and/or secretive behaviour around food
  • Self-consciousness when eating in front of others
  • Low self-esteem
  • Perfectionism
  • Irritability and mood swings
  • Tiredness
  • Social isolation
  • Feelings of shame guilt, anxiety 


Eating Disorder Diagnoses Include:

  • Bulimia Nervosa
  • Anorexia Nervosa
  • Binge Eating Disorder         
  • Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder (OSFED)


For more detailed information on these diagnoses please visit this page (http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Eating-disorders/Pages/Introduction.aspx)

How do we help?

When someone is referred to us, we meet with them for an assessment to find out more about the problem and see if we can be of help. Sometimes our team might not be the best place for the individual; in that case we will refer on to a service that can best support them. If we can help, we will work with the person on a recovery programme.

What could treatment involve diagram

How to refer

We currently do not accept self-referrals though it is something we are working to put in place. If you or your child needs to access our service we must receive a referral from a healthcare or educational professional.

Information for health professionals

If an eating disorder is suspected, an early referral to CAMHS is recommended using the standard form, available on this website. The box relating to possible eating disorder should be completed, including information on weight, height, BP and recent blood results. This information is very important and we cannot process the referral without it. We may call you discuss the referral if we need more information.

Send referrals through the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services Single Point of Access (SPA):

CAMHS Single Point of Access
Wildwood West Wing,1st Floor
County Hall Campus, Spetchley Road
Tel: 01905 768 300
Email: WHCNHS.CAMHS-SPA@nhs.net

Working hours:

Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm


The team will treat all information in confidence. Permission is always sought before contacting other agencies, unless there is a concern about safety. We write to you with the outcomes of the first appointment and send a copy to your GP and the person who referred you.