[Skip to content]

Enter search here...
Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Contracting Banner

Overseas Visitors Further Information

More information on Overseas Visitors is available below:

Patient Leaflet

You can download the Trust’s patient leaflet by clicking here

Guidance on overseas visitor’s regulations:

Click here for further guidance on the regulations.

Help for NHS to recover costs of care from visitors and migrants

Click here for further information on how the NHS will be recovering costs.

NHS Cost Recovery Programme Email Address:

The NHS Cost Recovery Programme Team can be emailed directly at this address: nhscostrecovery@dh.gsi.gov.uk


Click here to view the NHS Cost Recovery Programme's Twitter feed.

Visa & Immigration information: 

Click here for visa & immigration information.

Vulnerable individuals’: Useful links

Certain groups may be particularly vulnerable but may also be chargeable. As a result of their vulnerability, they may need extra support through the charging process.
This document contains some useful links regarding this support.

S1 Poster

The Form 'S1' (formerly E106/E121) is a certificate of entitlement to health care in another EEA country, provided via the social security authority in the patients home country. Click here

S2 Poster

The S2 route may entitle patients to NHS-funded treatment in another European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland. However, there are certain qualifying criteria that need to be met Click here.

European Economic Area (EEA) Map

The European Economic Area (EEA) is the area in which the Agreement on the EEA provides for the free movement of persons, goods, services and capital within the European Single Market, including the freedom to choose residence in any country within this area. Click here to view a map of the EEA.

The EEA is made up of the following countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

A valid European Health Insurance Card gives you the right to access state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in another European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland. More information can be found here.

Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC)

A Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) provides the same access to free healthcare as a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

Overseas Visitors receiving clinically necessary treatment, who fail to provide a European Health Insurance Card, have to obtain a Provisional Replacement Certificate from the appropriate liaison body in the competent member state country. More information can be found here.

Ways in which people can be lawfully resident in the UK

Click here for more information on ways in which people can be lawfully resident in the UK.