[Skip to content]

Enter search here...
Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Contracting Banner

Visitors from Inside the European Economic Area


If you are a visitor from inside the European Economic Area (EEA) you will be asked to show your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or proof of travel insurance.

Hopefully, you will have obtained an EHIC before you left your country of residence. 

If you are entitled to one, but haven't brought it with you, you will need to apply for a Provisional Replacement Certificate to help us ensure that you receive the appropriate level of care that's free at the point of delivery.

To find out how to apply for a card from your country of residence please go to www.ehic.europa.eu.

An EHIC covers all immediate and clinically necessary treatment during your visit until you return home.

If you are unable to provide an EHIC you may be charged for the healthcare you receive.

If you have lost your EHIC, please click on the link below. Choose your country of origin and click on 'Loss of Card' on the left hand side: