Sexual Health Arrangements during Covid19
The online booking service is suspended. Patients will be able to register online but there will be no appointments available this way until further notice.
Under 21 Saturday Service
We have a Saturday service for young people age UNDER 21. Clinics telephone lines will be open between 10:00am – 12:30pm on Saturdays.
Please call: 01905 681673 for further details.
You will have a telephone consultation and will be asked questions about your relationships. Please answer honestly so we can provide the most appropriate advice and support. You will be advised what to do next and directed towards a clinic if necessary.
PROVISION OF Emergency Contraception DURING COVID-19
Emergency hormonal contraception is available free of charge via your GP, our WISH Sexual Health Service and community pharmacies across Worcestershire. However due to the current situation with Covid 19, it may be more difficult to access via pharmacies.
Details about Pharmacies that provide emergency contraception can be found here: https://www.hacw.nhs.uk/contraception
Please phone the Sexual Health Service if you need emergency contraception and are having difficulty accessing a pharmacy.
Please be aware:-
- Pharmacies are extremely busy; please try to ring before attending so that your consultation can take place over the phone.
- Be prepared to queue as Pharmacies are only allowing a small number of customers in at any one time.
- If you have not phoned beforehand your consultation may take place in the Pharmacy to allow for social distancing.
- You may have to pay for your emergency contraception particularly if a locum Pharmacist is on duty. Check in advance whether there is a registered pharmacist available who can issue for free or whether there is a charge.
- Ring your GP practice to check whether you can have a telephone consultation. Your GP may be able to send a prescription to a Pharmacy.
During this busy time please be aware that some Pharmacies have to adjust their opening times frequently to allow for staff shortages and replenish stock.
Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
We are in the process of restoring our services within Sexual Health. As part of the restoration we will be fitting routine intrauterine devices and systems (coils) and implants. Unfortunately due to Covid-19 we will initially work through our existing waiting list.
If you are already on our waiting list you will receive a text message from the service. The text message will give you a time for a telephone consultation. Following the telephone consultation you will be given an appointment for the procedure.
If you are not on our waiting list and would like a coil or implant procedure, please contact the clinic. If your referral is not urgent we would ask you to ring back after 28 September when you will be added to the waiting list. In the meantime if you require contraception (e.g. pills) please contact the clinic.
Many people will find this a challenging time. Particularly for victims who will feel increasingly isolated as they live with their abuser. Please see below for useful resources from:
- Worcestershire domestic abuse: http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/domesticabuse
- SafeLives http://www.safelives.org.uk/news-views/domestic-abuse-and-covid-19
- Women’s Aid https://www.womensaid.org.uk/covid-19-coronavirus-safety-advice-for-survivors/
the local domestic abuse helpline for Worcestershire: Women’s Aid: 0800 980 3331. Men’s advice line: 0808 801 0327
What should I do if I want an abortion?
We are still providing an abortion service. However we have adapted the way we work during this time. It may be that we have telephone consultation with you rather than meeting face to face. You will then be advised by the team on how to access treatment if required.