Search the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust website
Information and advice
Support during COVID-19
Children, Young People and Families Wellbeing Support Guide - As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, some of our services are working in a variety of different ways, to support you and your child during this time, and there are a number of services available to support children, young people and their family or carers.
Stay up to date with the latest news from our teams by following our page on Facebook.
Video guides and resources
Visit our Youtube Channel to access a range of videos produced by staff from our Children's Therapy Teams to help support the wellbeing and development of your child.
Leaflets for download
The following resources are intended for download and print and may not be in an accessible format. If you require information in an alternative format please contact the Communications Team or inform a member of the Therapy Team.
Information for pre-school children
Visit our early years and pre-school webpages to access resources and information aimed at parents and carers of infants and pre-school aged children.
- Calming strategies
- Managing difficult Self Care Tasks
- The under and overactive child
- Watch our Youtube playlist on sensory processing support and activities
Please see joint audits designed by Paediatric OT and the Complex Communication Needs teams, these are for use by teachers in education settings.
- Eating and drinking
- Nail care
- Hair care
- Sleep advice for teens
- Sleep advice for children
- Time to tie
- Dressing tips for teens
- Getting dressed younger child
- Managing periods
- Self care - Bathing and showering
- Watch our Youtube playlist on personal care support and activities
- Please see advice from Herefordshire and Worcestershire Children’s Speech and Language Therapy service around eating and drinking
- Car Seats
- Play and Leisure Time
- Ready Steady Relax
- Screen Time
- Development of Movement Skills
- Watch our Youtube playlist on relaxation, calming strategies and yoga techniques
- Watch our Paediatric Physiotherapy activities, guidance and support playlist on Youtube
- A guide to physical activity and sport for people with a learning disability
- Toe Walking in ASD
- Idiopathic Toe Walking
- Organisational Skills
- Good Posture and Positioning
- Watch our playlist on Youtube for support and activities to support gross motor skill development
- Watch our playlist on Youtube for support and activities to support fine motor skill development
- Watch our playlist on Youtube for support and advice on school
All About Me Care Booklet
- All About Me [PDF format] - Designed for download, print and complete by hand
- All About Me [web form] - Complete our online form and email yourself a PDF version of your care booklet
- All About Me [Microsoft Word] - Download, edit and save in Microsoft Word
- Weighted Products
- Weighted Blankets
- Minor Equipment
- Restrictive Beds
- Weighted blankets for children and adults - A guide by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- What is Occupational Therapy? A helpful guide for our young people on what we do
- Paediatric Occupational Therapy - Information for parents and carers
- Paediatric Therapy - Preparing for Adulthood
- Occupational Therapy Pre School Play Pathway
Support and Services
- Actionformeis a charity that provides support for people in the UK with Myalgic encephalomyelitis or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS).
- Brain in Hand - Digital tools for 14-18 year old autistic young people in Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Find out more about how we support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- The Starting Well Partnership offers an exciting array of parenting groups and workshops. All sessions are free to attend and run by trained staff and volunteers from the Starting Well Partnership.
- See the social care and support guide produced by the NHS in relation to caring for children with complex needs.
- See e-learning modules aimed at families of children aged 2-9 with developmental delays or disabilities.
- Contact a Family is a charitable organisation that supports the families of children with disabilities.
- HemiHelp provides support for children, young people and their families from diagnosis (of hemiplegia which is a form of Cerebral Palsy) and treatment to transitioning to adulthood and getting a job.
- CP Teens UK is a charity that provides a range of support for children and young people with Cerebral Palsy.
- SCOPE is a charity that provides practical information and emotional support for children, young people with disabilities and their families.
- Down’s Syndrome Association provides support for children, young people and their families.
- Anyone aged 14 or over who is on their doctor's learning disability register can have a free annual health check once a year.