Hearing Screening is offered to all children in reception year. Referrals for a school age hearing assessment are also accepted from a range of professionals most frequently GP’s, Speech and Language Therapists and School Health Nurses.
- Service Delivery Office: Kings Court 1, Charles Hastings Way, Worcester, Worcestershire WR5 1JR
- Address: Clinics are delivered at sites across the county,
- Reception phone number: 01905 681701
- Service hours: Clinics held at various times
About the service
Your child will have had a New Born Hearing Screening performed as a baby; in Worcestershire this service is provided by Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (link to their website)
As your child gets older they will have a Hearing Screening Test which is carried out in school for all reception aged children by our School Health Nursing Teams.
Should there be any concerns following this test your child may be referred to the School Age Hearing / Audiometric Team, who provide a number of clinics across Worcestershire;
- Evesham (Evesham Medical Centre)
- Worcester (Moor Street Clinic)
- Malvern (Prospect View Medical Centre)
- Redditch (Scott Atkinson Centre)
- Kidderminster (Kidderminster Health Centre)
The service supports children and young people from Reception age to 18 years. Children can be referred to the School Audiology clinic at any age during their school life if there are any concerns.
How to refer
Referrals for a school age hearing assessment are accepted from a range of professionals most frequently GP’s, Speech and Language Therapists and School Health Nurses.