Children’s Therapy- Early Years/Pre-school
Support and services
- How to keep your baby or toddler active - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Physical activity guidelines for children (under 5 years) - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Worcestershire Health Visiting Service | Starting Well (startingwellworcs.nhs.uk)
- The Early Years Movement Hub | Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists (csp.org.uk)
- See e-learning modules aimed at families of children aged 2-9 with developmental delays or disabilities.
- BBC Tiny Happy People is an initiative developed to provide advice and strategies to support development for children from the earliest years.
Leaflets and resources
- Active children
- Feeding and chewing
- Development of gross motor skills through play
- Development of fine motor skills through play
- Idiopathic Toe Walking
- Intensive interaction
- Messy play
- Personal care
- Sleeping and calming
- Social and emotional play
- Toe Walking in ASD
- The Early Years Movement Hub which has been produced as a result of the Starting2Move project. The Starting2Move Project is led by The Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists (APCP) to support movement for all, from the very beginning of life.
The Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists (APCP) have produced a number of information leaflets to support movement for all, from the very beginning of life and on a range of children’s conditions commonly referred to children's physiotherapists for advice and support. Please note Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust do not own the content of these resources.