CAMHS SPA team triages referrals and assesses the presenting mental health needs of young people. Referrals are accepted from professionals only.
- Reception phone number: 01905 520520
- Service hours: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5:00pm
About the service
CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) SPA team triages the referrals and assesses the presenting mental health needs of the young person. Based on the information received, the team will support or signpost the young person (and their families where appropriate) to a children's mental health and wellbeing service, or alternative support, according to each individual case.
CAMHS SPA currently accepts referrals from professionals working with children and young people where there is a concern that the young person has a mental health problem. We prioritise appointments based on the clinical presentation and needs of the child referred, and not who referred them to children's mental health services.
If you are unsure whether the concerns you have will be suitable for CAMHS, you can either call or email the single point of access (SPA) using the details below. If we feel that we are not the right source of help for you we may try to make other suggestions of support which could be useful.
We have moved to a telephone based system, this means that our clinicians will consult with both you as the referrer and families over the phone. To support this and aid information being passed easily to our patients and their families, please secure an up-to-date email address for these families and include this with your referral.
Thank you for your support.
How to refer into the service
- CAMHS SPA referral form (non-GP professionals)
- CAMHS SPA referral form (GPs only)
- CAMHS SPA - Referral criteria
Please send your referral to:
- Address: CAMHS Single Point of Access, Wildwood West Wing,1st Floor, County Hall Campus, Spetchley Road, Worcester, WR5 2NP
- Email: WHCNHS.CAMHS-SPA@nhs.net
- Phone: 01905 520520
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm