Search the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust website
Infection Prevention Control Service
The aim of the Infection Prevention and Control Service is to promote as safe an environment as possible for staff, patients and visitors in order that the risk of contamination and cross-infection are kept to a minimum.
Provided by Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, the IPC team supports the Trust and its services, in addition to GP practices and nursing homes in Worcestershire. The team provides the following services;
- Information, advice and guidance relevant to infection control.
- Monitoring, identification and investigation of infections and outbreaks.
- Preparation of guidelines which can be viewed by using the links at the top left hand side of the page.
- Audits of infection control practices and standards.
- Education of clinical and non-clinical staff on infection prevention and control issues.
Infection prevention is everyone’s responsibility, as is providing clean and safe care within a healthcare organisation. Robust infection prevention practice is easier to instil than management of any problem, and will provide sustainable reductions in infection rates. Within any healthcare organisation the following should be accepted as a minimum requirement:
- A culture of zero tolerance to healthcare associated infections (HCAI)
- HCAI is everyone’s responsibility
- Robust assurance for HCAI
- A dynamic and visible Infection Prevention and Control Team
Meet the team
- Carole Clive, Nurse Consultant Infection Prevention and Control
- Clare Kambal, Lead Infection Prevention and Control Nurse
- Jeanette Scarrott and Karen Hall, Infection Prevention and Control Nurses
- Louise Hough, Administrator/PA
Get in touch
Our nurses are based at Evesham Community Hospital and can be contacted on: 01386 502552 or 07798 608171.
Address: Herefordshire and Worcestershire Infection Prevention and Control Service, Evesham Community Hospital, Waterside, Evesham, Worcestershire WR11 1JT
Phone: 01386 502552 or 07798 608171
Follow the team on X (formerly Twitter) for the latest news and updates.
An out of hour service is provided by the On Call Medical Microbiologist acting as Infection Control Doctor who can be contacted through switchboards at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
Phone: 01905 763333 or 01527 503030.
Address: Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust Microbiology Team - Consultant Microbiologist, Worcestershire Royal Hospital, Charles Hastings Way, Worcester, Worcestershire WR5 1DD