Our Quality and Safety Standards
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, the quality and safety of your care are our highest priorities. There are national and local standards, policies and procedures to ensure you have the best possible outcomes and experience.
We adhere to the NHS Constitution for our standards and waiting times. We are inspected and regulated by national organisations who ensure we provide services to expected levels and meet our commitments within the National Health Service. We also take very seriously the feedback we get from patients and visitors and respond to concerns when they arise.
Infection, prevention and control
The aim of the Infection Prevention and Control Service is to promote as safe an environment as possible for staff, patients and visitors in order that the risk of contamination and cross infection are kept to a minimum.
The Infection Prevention and Control Nurses are based at Evesham Community Hospital and can be contacted on: 01386 502552 or 07798 608171.
Out of hours advice is provided by the on call medical microbiologist acting as Infection Control Doctor who can be contacted through switchboards at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust on: 01905 763333 or 01527 503030.
The following services are provided by the Infection Prevention and Control Team:
- Information, advice and guidance relevant to Infection Control.
- Monitoring, identification and investigation of infections and outbreaks.
- Preparation of guidelines which can be viewed by using the links at the top left hand side of the page.
- Audits of infection control practices and standards.
- Education of clinical and non-clinical staff on infection prevention and control issues.