Admiral Nurses are registered nurses who work alongside carers and families of people living with Dementia giving one-to-one emotional support, expert guidance and practical solutions.
- Address: New Haven, Princess of Wales Community Hospital Stourbridge Road, Bromsgrove, B61 0BB
- Service hours: Service hours: Monday-Friday, 09:00 – 17:00. The service aims to respond to all referrals in a timely way, however it is not a rapid response or crisis service. Referral: Carers are able to self refer. Before making a referral please ensure that you have read the referral criteria below. Carers can refer by: - Completing the form at the bottom of the page - Telephone the service on 0300 123 1734
About the service
Admiral Nurses are registered nurses who specialise in dementia, giving practical and emotional support to family carers, alongside the person with dementia. They offer a support to families throughout their experience of dementia using interventions tailored to each family’s individual needs. They provide families with the knowledge to understand the condition and its effects, the skills and tools to improve communication and offer emotional and psychological support to help family carers to sustain their caring role. They are manage complex cases and also provide specialist support and advice to other professionals.
Admiral Nurses are supported professionally by the charity DementiaUK, who work in partnership with Herefordshire & Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust.
You can read how Admiral Nurse’s have provided vital support to carers and families here: https://www.dementiauk.org/get-involved/donate/your-stories/
If you require more general advice (for example - information about benefits, practical or personal care, assistance with form completion, Power of Attorney) below is a link to Age UK local Dementia Services:
Advice for patients, carers and families engaging with our services during the COVID19 pandemic.
How to refer
Families and carers, are able to contact us directly as there is an open referral system. Anyone who provides care and support to a person with dementia can be referred to the Admiral Nurses, provided that:
- The person with dementia has already received a diagnosis. If no diagnosis has been given, contact with the G.P. may be the best way forward initially.
- The family member(s) have given consent for a referral (we are unable to progress referrals without consent).
- The person living with a dementia is a resident of Worcestershire and pays Council Tax to Worcestershire County Council and/or is registered with a Worcestershire GP.
If you are a professional working at Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust click here to access the referral form located on the intranet
If you would like to refer a carer or family member to us, or discuss a dementia related issue please fill in the form below. Please ensure that the three points on the referral criteria have been met before proceeding.