Learning Disabilities Community Service - Worcestershire
The Community Learning Disability Team provides specialist healthcare to adults with learning disabilities whose needs cannot be met by mainstream services alone. The team helps to ensure that people with learning disabilities receive the same care and treatment as everyone else when there is a concern about their physical or mental health.
- Service Manager Lead: Michelle Billings
- Service Contact: Aaron Godliman, Email: email@example.com Tel: 01905 845569
- Reception hours: (North) Parkside, Market Street, Bromsgrove, B61 8DA (South) Worcestershire County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester, WR5 2NP
- Reception phone number: 01905 520555 (South) 01527 488555 (North)
- Service hours: 09:00hrs – 17:00hrs
About the service
The Community Learning Disabilities Service specialises in assessing and treating people with learning disabilities.
The Community Health Learning Disability Team is for people with a learning disability. They are a multi-disciplinary team made up of:
- Community Learning Disability Nurses
- Behaviour Nurses
- Epilepsy Nurses
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Health Care Support Workers
We provide assessment and treatment to people in their choice of environment, whether that be in their own home or an alternative community setting such as a local clinic, school, college, day service, supported living, residential setting or care home.
We are committed to promoting wellbeing and supporting service users, families and their carers. To ensure that each service user receives the care, treatment that is best suited to them.
We support a range of individuals with learning disabilities who may also have:
- Mental health diagnosis
- Behavioural difficulties
South Worcestershire LD Team Leaflet
North Worcestershire LD Team Leaflet