Attend Anywhere - Video consultations
We have recently introduced new software to support virtual consultations at our Minor Injury Units (MIU). Where appropriate, you can now attend your consultation online via a video call.
Video calling is as convenient as a phone call, with the added value of face-to-face communication. It can save you time and money, and brings your care closer to home
Attend Anywhere® is a website used to connect clinicians and patients using video. You will need to have access to a smartphone or computer with a webcam, and have a good internet connection to use this system.
There is no need to create an account and none of the information you enter is stored.
Get ready to make video calls
Make sure that you use one of the following web browsers;
- Google Chrome: Windows 7+, Android 5.1+, MacOS10.11+, iPadOS 13+
- Apple Safari: MacOS 10.12+, iOS 11.4+, iPadOS 13+
When you're ready, click here to launch your video call and follow the instructions below;
- On this webpage, click the 'start video call' and follow the instructions
- Wait in your own private video room
- Your healthcare provider sees you arrive in the waiting area queue and joins you in your video room when they are ready to start your consultation.
What do I do if something is not working?
Click here for trouble shooting support.
For more information visit the NHS England website or see the FAQs below.
What do I need to make a video call?
A good connection to the internet - If you can watch a video online (e.g.YouTube) you can make a video call.
A private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the consultation
One of these:
- Google Chrome web browser on a desktop or laptop, or on an Android tablet or smartphone
- Safari web browser on an Apple iMac, MacBook, iPad, or iPhone
Web-camera, speakers and microphone already built into laptops or mobile devices
Is it secure?
Video calls are secure; your privacy is protected. You have your own private video room that only authorised clinicians can enter.
How much internet data will I use?
You don’t use any data while waiting for a clinician to join you. A video call uses a similar amount of data to Skype® or FaceTime®.
How much does a video call cost?
The video call is free (except for your internet usage). Where possible, try to connect to a home or work Wi-Fi network to avoid using your mobile data allowance.